Saturday, July 18, 2009

Beach and the Evening



Beach and the Evening
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
8:00 PM
So as I was completely checked into the hostel I decided to take a stroll/jog around Barcelona, hitting Las Ramblas and the coast to get a feel for the city. The Ramblas was as vibrant and touristy as I could have imagined. It also runs right into the Barcelona Marina which is an eyesore of a public works project at best.

From there I ventured down the beach coastline which was fairly overcrowded and looked like a marina, not a beach. I soon found out that it in fact was not a natural beach and all the sand was imported, regardless it is still nice to have usable coastline. At the end of the coast I asked a cop about how far it was to the cross-streets of my hostel, he said 2km, ended up being more like 5 which became 8 when I got lost but that was cool.

Once I got back to the hostel I went to grab my laptop out of my locker and found that my passport had been stolen out of my locker. Great form to drop the big one within a few hours of arriving in the city. Thankfully the thief, who I assume was the guy who checked me into the hostel (didn't see him again even the next day and in hindsight he made a big deal about me staying only 1 night), was kind and passed on both my iPod and Laptop.

Ah well, after searching through my bags multiple times (I tried hard to hope that it had simply been misplaced although I knew it wasn't), I came to the conclusion that it was a lost cause. I was encouraged by some new friends in the hostel to join in for the night out instead of sulking like a douche. At midnight everyone went out to a fairly well put together club called Hyde, and we got home around 630, it was a good night.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment