Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Split


Split
Saturday, July 25, 2009
1:41 PM

So after the long bus ride from Zagreb I wandered to the hostel that Ronnie and Mitch told me to meet them at in Split. Initially the girl at the front desk had no clue who they were but after showing her a picture of Mitch she remembered and had me talk to the other staffer who was taking a nap. I found that they had left their bags there, so after taking a short walk around the downtown I waited up for them.

About 30 minutes later they both came in, we got set up for the night in an apartment for roughly $20 per person for the evening. The place was about a 5 minute walk from the hostel. It was on the third floor and had a charming balcony. From there we went to the grocery store and picked up dinner. Mitch and I went down to the mud beach which was interesting because everyone was playing handball. When we got back we got Ronnie up and headed back to the hostel and played a bit of kings cup then went out and had a great time.

While I've complained quite a bit about the beaches the Euros definitely know how to do their beachside towns. All the restaurants and bars are out on the promenades, and people watching is encouraged so no matter what it is easy to be entertained.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment