Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Day Before the Wedding



The Day Before the Wedding
Saturday, August 01, 2009
3:51 AM

A few people needed to pick up last minute things so we went to the mall which had been only been open for 5 months. All the same stores are in the same areas, and by the same stores I mean that there are 12 shoe stores side by side, 8 electronics stores side by side, etc. The prices were about 10% cheaper on average for clothes, but electronics were absurdly expensive. A 360/PS3 video game ran almost $100 and an iPod touch was almost $500. I still don't understand why video game publishers make games so expensive in Europe, even with the taxes they should realize that people can't play at those prices.

My hair was getting pretty long too so I took the opportunity to get a haircut before the wedding. You might not know but I've had my hair cut by the same person since I was a Junior in high school, so having a random haircut was daunting as the couple other ones haven't gone well. The salon was pretty fancy and interesting because nobody inside talked, at all. Any place I have ever had my hair cut had people rambling up a storm so it was crazy to hear the dead silence.

Later on everyone got together for some more food and a cruise on the Danube. The boat driver ran into 3 or 4 boats just getting off the docks so that was entertaining. The cruise spent most of the time lingering around the fortress but it was fun and everyone took it easy and was in recovery mode. Marko's mom made us promise we wouldn't go out even though it was Saturday night. In our best interests we stayed in and got a great nights sleep before the big day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment